Monday, May 25, 2015

Nichols Arboretum


I adore arboretums. Near my hometown there was one called Leila Arboretum that I visited frequently. So when I found out that Nichols Arboretum was in walking distance from my apartment, I was so excited! It is home to a large peony garden. When I went today, the peonies had not bloomed yet. I'll just have to keep going until they do! Some of the trails lead to the Huron River, where you can sit on benches and watch the kayaks drift by.  

As I was leaving the Arb, I noticed a flyer about volunteering on Saturday mornings. At the apartment I have little room to garden, though I did set up planters for tomato and green bean plants. I really miss gardening, so this may be a good way for me to garden while getting some volunteering experience too!

Have you ever been to an arboretum? Do you enjoy visiting them? Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...