Monday, April 27, 2015

End of Semester Stress


First off, I would like to apologize for my inconsistent blog posts. I've been extremely busy lately trying to pull together housing for the summer, my fellowship, as well as striving to earn every last point possible in my classes before finals, which I've been studying for like crazy. 

I am a blackhole of stress. I stress about everything in life. That's not always a bad thing. I thrive off of stress and it motivates me to get things done and do them right! But stress, especially the kind that I develop at the end of the semester, wears on my health. Here's what I do to relieve some of that stress.

1//Read a magazine. Aka, look at a bunch of pretty pictures of organized homes and perfect wardrobes. It gives your brain a rest, and generally takes less than 30 minutes to flip through a magazine which makes it a good length for a study break. If you're studying in the library, I guarantee you there is a section with magazines.

2//If you haven't already find a study group. This way you can collaborate on who puts together the equation sheet for each section, or break up the work in other forms. Also, study sessions don't always have to be so serious. It's okay to talk and joke around! Just make sure you don't get too far off task.

3//Divide and Conquer. Don't tackle all your material at once. This should be a no brainer by now if you're in college. Set up a study schedule at least a week in advance of finals, if not two weeks. Work a little bit on each subject every day. 

4//Set goals. I tell myself if I get my desired grade for a class (hopefully an A), I'll reward myself with something. For example, if I get an A in Calculus 2 I'll buy myself a matching desk organizing set. Make it something you wouldn't normally get!

5//Go to the salon. On weeks when I'm loaded with tests, I schedule a hair appointment. They don't take all afternoon, but always make me feel better! Also, I tend to look grungy during finals week, so getting my hair trimmed always makes me feel a little prettier. If the thought of getting your hair trimmed gives you the hives though, this might not be the best ways to relax.

How do you deal with the stress of finals? Do you spread out your studying or do you cram? Let me know in the comments below!






1 comment:

  1. I always steered clear of study groups because it was frustrating when people got off track but having someone to go over terms with you is great!

    xo
    Alex | Mrs. Mason Dixon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...